UK Charity No 1090727 Registered Charity in Malawi with CONGOMA & NGO Boards
FOMO has been there since 2000 looking after orphaned and vulnerable children in Malawi will you be there for them in the future?
Are you able to leave a gift in your will to help the children out of poverty?
FOMO covers all aspects of the children’s welfare including health through our outreach clinic, formal and informal education, food security and production. The programme also covers pre-school, out of school activities and further learning through our play schools, computer, driving and tailoring schools. The programme also covers the provision of school materials, personal items (Soap, clothes, blankets, and mosquito nets) and community much more.
The programme is run by a very small staff with over 300 local volunteers and support workers; our funds are raised by a small, but resourceful volunteer committee in the UK. FOMO provides direct aid and reaches out to many thousands of orphaned and vulnerable children, but we do need a regular source of funding and your personal donations are both valued and appreciated.
This is a list of some of the FOMO’s achievements in 2019, and we would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has contributed to helping the children and trust that you will help us once again in 2020.
2019 Major Achievements
- Identification of over 3,500 children
- Maintained and ran 14 FOMO Centres
- Maintained the children feeding programme, 1.1 million meals a year
- Maintained Health Care to the children most in need
- Operating a day Clinic and Outreach programme
- Operating a HIV treatment centre.
- Assisted patients at the district hospital
- 179 Workers supported by 130 Local Volunteers
- Ran a secondary school 400 + students
- Maintained our links with Intercare (Medicine)
- Ran Activities Songs, Drama, Excursions, Dance, Stories, Sport, Reading Classes
- Ran and Maintained a Maize mill facility
- Ran the driving school
- Funded and filled 1 container
- Provided personal toiletries, shoes, clothes, sport ware and equipment to the children.
- Distributed goods from the container to the centres and children
- Funding 1 students at medical college
- Funded all form 4’s at IT and paid exam fees
- Provided school uniforms, text books, shoes and educational materials
- Support to all the FOMO registered Primary School Children
- Maintenance and Repair of Buildings
- Ran and Maintained 14 Play Schools
- Built and equipped New Centre at FOMO Sazola Village
- Built and equipped New Boys Hostel
- Ran and Maintained the computer school
- Ran and Maintained the tailoring school
- Ran and Maintained small basic recording studio
- Hosted visitors and overseas volunteers including Bay House School students, Kitaid visitors
- Supported FOMO FC in the Malawi southern region football league.
- Supported community football and netball.
- Ran and maintained produce gardens
2020 Major Challenges
Secure Funding for FOMO’s Essential Core Activities:
- Covid 19 in Malawi
- Food Programme
- Genreal Clinic, HIV Clinic and Outreach Programme
- Secondary School Places (Fees)
- School Teaching Resources & Equipment
- Finish boys hostel, (Ceiling, Water Tanks, Furniture including more beds)
- Activity programme (Sport, Art, Music etc)
Wish List: Funds needed
- Fund and sent a 40ft Container
- Additional School Classroom Block
- Additional Girls Hostel Block
- Additional furniture for school and centres, (Desks, Chairs,Tables)
- Build sport stand facility for sports development
- Water Harvesting Project (5 Centres)
- School Security Wall
- Create sports field at school on existing land
- Refurbish existing FOMO Centres
- Build FOMO Centres at Naluwadi, Nessa, Mangani
Without you none of this could happen. Thank you
Winner of the Beacon Community Builder Award
Direct Aid making the difference